Light Horse Hotel, Murrumburrah NSW, 2587 - (02) 6386 2210, 0428 151 042
The Commercial Hotel was erected by John Dillon in 1861. By 1870, it was serving also as the Coach Office.
In June 1897, the New South Wales government gave official sanction to the formation of a volunteer cavalry regiment. The first enrolment took place at Murrumburrah on the 28th of August 1897.